I wanted to spend some (edit: a lot) of time to gather all the threads, discussions, screenshots, articles and interviews I can about The Burning of Teldrassil, before it ends.
Much like other pre-expansion events, it is only here for a short time, yet this one certainly has left its mark on Azeroth forever, as well as the WoW community. I think it deserves a post like this.
It will also be far easier to think back and revisit this event 10 years from now, for anyone, who want to see, what it was all about.
So here it is, gathered in one large thread. My last post on the subject.
All of our blog posts, evolving around our thoughts on the War of the Thorns event, The Burning of Teldrassil, followed by The Battle For Lordaeron, as part of the pre-expansion event for Battle for Azeroth, August 2018.
Please let me know if I missed any of yours – and I shall be happy to put it in.
(Do the links look odd to you too? They do in my WordPress Reader, but not when normally browsing. I’ll look into it. They should still work, though)
- The night before Teldrassil burns – by Cinder
- Do we HAVE to fight?? – by Navimie
- War of Thorns: Part 1 -by Gnomecore
- Prepatch 8.0 – War of the Thorns, first week, day 1.– by Wisteria
- War of the Thorns – Chapter 1: Are you feeling it? – by Alunaria
BfA pre-launch story: Week 1 – by Gracie
- Darkshore World Quests: Quick thoughts – by Gnomecore
- Deja Darkshore – by Wrath
- War of the Thorns, Day 4, Druid Express Fighting Force! – by Wisteria
- War of the Thorns Part 1 – Darkshore, More Like Dullshore – by Kaylriene
- Darkshore: Round Two – by Wrath
- War of the Thorns part 2 – by Gracie
- War of the Thorns -A Lot To Say – by Kaylriene
- Blaugust 1st, I don’t know about last night – by Marathal
- Random thoughts about burning trees – by Minimalistway
- War of Thorns, week two, day one – by Wisteria
- Sylvanas – The What? – by Asmiroth
- Gearing up for hate – by Fiannor
- When there are…No words – by Alunaria
- A Tree Is Burning in World of Warcraft and I´m Strangely Sad About It
- Tree burning reactions – by Navimie
- So about that thing – by Grimmtooth
- On Narrative Arcs, Morality in Storytelling, and the Developing Plot of Battle for Azeroth – by Kaylriene
- War of Thorns_ Aftermath & Opinion – by Gnomecore
- Grey and Gray Morality – by Marathal
War of the Thorns – Chapter 2: Arriving in Stormwind – by Alunaria
Darkshore: The Day After – by Wrath
Is it worth it? – By Ann
- Where to Begin – by Wildeheart
An Unexpected Cinematic: Old Soldier! – by Gnomecore
- Navi’s thoughts: “Old Soldier Cinematic – by Navimie
Saurfang – by Leto
- Is it too late… – by Marathal
- More thoughts on WoW’s story – by Gracie
Poor Saurfang – by Asmiroth
- More “Old Soldier” reactions, breakdowns and this shoulder thing – by Navimie
War of the Thorns – Astranaar – by Alunaria
The War of Thorns – by Wildeheart
War of the Thorns: When the story of a game is not in it – by Alunaria
War of the Thorns: Tyrande – by Alunaria
Novels Elegy and Good War Released – by Gnomecore
A Good War – by Mochni
Battle for Lordaeron
Battle for Lordaeron – by Gnomecore
- Navie’s thoughts: The Battle For Lordaeron – by Navimie
- The Battle for Lordaeron – by Gracie
We need a coup – by Fiannor
- Battle for Lordaeron – by Asmiroth
The Battle for Lordaeron – by Mochni
Player investment – by Gracie
Morally Grey – by Asmiroth
- The Siege of Lordaeron & The Parallels of Arthas – by Kaylriene
My last word on the subject – by Fiannor
- Win, lose or Draw – by Wildeheart
- No Tears For Teldrassil – by Kamalia
The two cinematics
A few links to wowhead with descriptions of the event
A lot of interviews were done after the event.
Many refered to it as Blizzard in need of “putting out fires”, because of how many players were unsatisfied with the storytelling that currently was going on in the game – In particular how it appeared almost misleading, to the stories we got from the two novellas from the Collector’s Edition of Battle for Azeroth.
I have tried to gather every interview, that I could find. I miss two, but I lost the links to them, please let me know if i missed any, you know.
That was all I had. Did I forget about something, you want us in 10 years to remember, when we might re-visit this blog post, then let me know 🙂